Instagram captions about marriage, because it’s a lot *
Photos of happy couples are a mainstay of social media, but not all marriages are perfect. From sticky-sweet, sappyre quotes about couples in love to sassy jokes and eye-rolling realities of day-to-day living with your significant other, these Instagram captions about marriage are perfect to accompany your next shot with your spouse.
Whether you’re posting a pic of your other half in a silly pose, wedding photo, birthday dinner, or even just a cute family photo, there’s a caption on this list to help you wrap it all up. Take a look to find the one that perfectly describes the exact moment you captured on the actual roller coaster that is the bliss of marriage.
- The four most important words in a wedding: I’m going to do the dishes.
- “Love is the same, except you feel sexier.” – Judith Viorst
- “Before you marry someone, you must first get them to use a computer with a slow Internet connection to see who they really are.” – Will Ferrell
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that special someone you want to miss for the rest of your life. – Rita Rudner
- “Marriage is the bond between one person who never remembers birthdays and one who never forgets them.” – Ogden Nash
- He liked it, so he put a ring on it.
- “Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together that you didn’t even have when you were alone.” – Eddie Cantor
- “Keep your eyes wide open before the wedding, half-closed after.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “What’s the best way to make your husband remember your birthday? Get married on his birthday.” – Cindy Garner
- “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke, and any movement you make will not affect the outcome.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- A wedding is just two people wondering where they want to eat until one of them dies.
- “Marriage is like swapping the worship of many for the sarcasm of one.” – Mae West
- “When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry meets Sally
- I would marry you again in the blink of an eye.
- “As far as my marriage goes, you know, falling in love with my husband was by far the best thing that ever happened to me. – Caroline Kennedy
- “I would rather share a life with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – JRR Tolkien
- Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairy tale.
- “I will love you always – until the end of my days, and beyond.” – how I Met Your Mother
- “Happy marriages begin when we marry those we love, and they flourish when we love those we marry.” – Tom Mullen
- True love stands next to each other on good days and draws closer on bad days.
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is ultimately better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
- You don’t marry the person you can live with – you marry the person you can’t live without.
- A good marriage is one where each partner secretly suspects that they got the best deal.
- “It was a million tiny little things that, when you put them all together, meant we were meant to be together.” – Insomnia in Seattle
- “A great marriage isn’t when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It’s when an imperfect couple learns to take advantage of their differences.” – Dave Meurer
- “My most brilliant achievement has been my ability to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
- “Great weddings are partnerships. It can’t be a great marriage without being a partnership.” – Helen Mirren
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love several times, always with the same person.” – Cute McLaughlin
- “Romance experts say that for a happy marriage there must be more than passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. in my book, is a good definition of friendship. “- Marilyn Monroe
- “Marriage isn’t a noun; it’s a verb. It’s not something you get. It’s something you do. It’s how you love your partner every day. ” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Weddings, like a garden, take time to develop. But the harvest is rich for those who care for the land with patience and tenderness. – Darlene Schach
- A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up.
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.” – André Maurois
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, their clothes, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song that only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The beauty of marriage is not always seen early on – but rather as love grows and develops over time.” – Fawn weaver
Thickly, for better or for worse, marriage is all about living life alongside the person you love most in the world … and documenting everything on social media.